Saturday, July 30, 2011

A New Song I'm Working On

Here are the lyrics to a new song I'm working on.

So many girls want to put their hope in men
To save them, to love them, as only God can
They worship an ideal of a prince they've created
Only God can fill the void and yet they're still saying

Where are you Darcy I've been waiting so long
And every night I pour out my heart to you in song
I'm a damsel in distress - or single - same thing
So hurry up and show your face and start the rescuing

They sit on their balcony dreaming all day
watching in the distance for a sparkling ray
falling on a rider on a white horse
And the the knight in shining armour doesn't show they say

Where are you Romeo I've been waiting so long
And every night I pour out my heart to you in song
I'm a damsel in distress - or single - same thing
So hurry up and show your face and end my suffering.

But they're worshipping an ido they've put in God's place
Man cannot save you, God only saves!
For some trust in chariots, horses, idealized men
But we must trust in the Lord our God and say

Here I am Lord, surrendering every care
And every night I pour out my heart to you in prayer
I am your child - how can I serve you
I am busy about your work - what else can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!