Saturday, January 15, 2011

Off to the Printer

The Tiphereth Trilogy has been made completely press-ready and sent to the printer!

Printing 260 pages takes a while!
Stack the pages perfectly, fill out the order form, gather everything that needs to be sent, and carefully slide it into an envelope addressed to the printer.  Then, carefully seal and take to the post office...when they are open.  We live about two minutes from a post office, but the first time we went to mail it, they were closed.  So we had to go again the next day.  I was a little worried that postage would be atrociously expensive because of the weight, but it actually was less than what I had thought it would be.
Once it is mailed, I track the package to see when it arrives.  The printer usually sends proofs back two weeks after they recieve my hard copy (the paper one in the package) and so I like to see when the hard copy gets there so I can know when to expect the proofs.

And the excitement builds!

The best part, of course, is recieving the box of completed books, but as that gets closer and closer, I get more and more excited.

I will probably start selling pre-realease sales coupons after I have sent the proofs back to the printer.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!